Why fun things in mmo get nerfed? Recent example:
-It was fun as hell blowing crap up with sabo
-It was equally fun (even more so) raping face herp derping people in 3 gcds as a champ
-It was fun grabbing 10 mobs and aoe em as reaver/rb spec
Of course we know the answer but perhaps making everyone ridiculously fun is better approach than making everyone.... erm... nerfed
Take TF2 for example - damn its fun get medic buff and face rape people as heavy. Fun as a demo to throw crap ton of bombs and blow half enemy team up. Fun as a sniper head shot the the medic who has his uber charged and then 2 sec later snipe his heavy buddy.
Or older example - Counter Strike - fun is blast away people with awp in split second precision in sniper duel. Or get that lucky deagle HS vs assault rifle. Or get behind enemy team and "surprize butseckz" them with silenced M4 headshots.
It was fun to saw death and destruction from vehicles in BF2 , Planetside and so on. God OP THINGS ARE FUN. Make everything OP!
But but that would work since people would kill big bad arthas/onyxia/whatver in 10 sec flat straight. I blame damn pve and carebears :)
Not to self : consider seriously mmo combat design which are pure unnerfed fun.Overpowered as hell, full of ridiculous crits, 1 hit wonders and and exploding bodies. No CC whatsoever -just pure dynamics , positioning and cool looking animations and skills
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Why I created this blog?
- I started posting longer and longer comments on other people blogs to the point of running out of space
- That was combined with an urgent need to give my own ideas more space instead of trying to shoe horn them into format of original posts.
- There is a large stack of scratch like notes in google docs on various aspects of MMO design which I want to get some feedback from other people - nothing exposes flaws in your ideas like other people!
- I read too many other people blogs on same topic!
- I want give blogging a try
There are reasons why I shouldn't have:
- My English sucks
- I spend way too much time on the internet
- I spend way too much time on MMOs
Posted by Max at 9:59 AM